This week I’m delighted to share a guest blog with you from the happy parents club…..
Lots of people don’t realise that hypnobirthing can help you to have the best birth you can under whatever circumstance present wherever you have your baby!
1. Hypnobirthing is evidence-based and is suitable for everyone. It doesn’t matter if you’re a first-time mum or having your third birth, it can still help you to have a calm, confident birth where YOU are in control.
The reason why many first-time births result in harrowing tales is because women are tense and anxious and don’t have as much information about labour, which results in this being hindered by stress. Hypnobirthing arms you with the information and relaxation techniques you need so that you can remain calm, confident and in control.
2. Hypnobirthing can be used in hospitals and birthing centres, for a home birth, a water birth and can be used if you have a caesarean (planned or unplanned).
I’m a clinical hypnotherapist and follow the easibirthing®programme. During my hypnobirthing course, you will learn about the process of birth and the progression of labour. You will learn breathing and relaxation techniques, how to use visualisations and anchors, and how to use and create positive affirmations. We’ll look at Cartesian Questions to help you get a better perspective to make decisions during your labour, which will enable you to remain calm, confident and in control.
3. If you need to, you can still have medical analgesia or use a TENS machine. If the decision to use pain relief is informed and your own, then it is a positive decision and the right one for you to make at that time. This doesn’t mean that hypnobirthing hasn’t worked – what you have learned will still be of use! This is about YOU having the best birth you can under whatever circumstances present!
4. Research has shown that hypnobirthing mums are less likely to experience postnatal depression, because you will feel confident and in control about the birth, whether it’s a relaxed, natural labour or a c-section. You are, however, more likely to have a spontaneous vaginal birth, with reduced need for interventions. Because you will be feeling relaxed, calm and confident, labour tends to be shorter.
5. Hypnobirthing babies tend to be quite chilled as they enter the world in an atmosphere of calm, with higher APGAR scores. They sleep and feed better, and cry less!
If you’d like to talk this through, please contact me at www.thehappyparentsclub.co.uk/contact to arrange a call.